Monday, June 29, 2009

Daily Thought: The Act of Charity


1 Corinthians Chapter 13 verses 1 through 8
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not acharity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of aprophecy, and understand all bmysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the apoor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 aCharity bsuffereth long, and is ckind; charity denvieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself aunseemly, seeketh not her bown, is not easily cprovoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in ainiquity, but rejoiceth in the btruth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never afaileth

It is difficult to be kind at times when we are rushing though this world of activities.
People get in our way we feel as we are just trying to do our best. We would be better, we say, if it weren't for so and so, or such and such. Brothers and sisters may we be more patient with each other and really exhibit charity to those around us. May we spread feelings of love and good cheer as we are kind to one another. May we exemplify the example of Jesus Christ as we choose to love more quickly and more strongly than we choose to hate.